The dominant cultural tradition in Thaylenah is Alethi Vorinism. Women covering their safehand, though we see more of them wearing gloves for practicality or keep up appearances.
Thaylen men have the same stark white beards, and long white eyebrows, regardless of their age or the color of their hair. Their eyebrows grow very long and are sometimes worn tucked back behind their ears. Or in the case of Tozbek the captain of the Wind's pleasure, that Shallan took passage on, he wore his in a spikey fan pattern above his eyes. The womens eyebrows are also long, he book merchant's wife that Shallan visits, curls hers to hang down the side of her face like bangs.
Traditional merchant clothing consists of flat-topped conical caps, and vests. Starched robes used to be more popular several years ago.
Thaylen bread is a fluffy brown bread, that is referenced often in the books. It plays a large role in Ardent Kabsal's interactions with Shallan.
According to Rock, the Thaylenah kingdom has five Blades (Shardblades) and 3 full suits of shardplate. Kaladin refers to the Thaylen accent as sounding like mumbling, And Shallan in thinking of the Thaylen language says that they are "mashing letters together without proper vowels." 
- Thaylen City has a four-pointed star pattern.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Way of Kings, Inter4. Rysn
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Way of Kings, 58. The Journey
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 2. Honor is Dead
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 3. City of Bells
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 8. Nearer the Flame
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 The Way of Kings, 33. Cymatics
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 23. Many Uses
- ↑ TWoK Chapter 3: City of Bells