Stormwardens are male scholars who make most people of the Vorin faith uncomfortable. They study highstorms and learn to predict them. They also predict the cycle of seasons which are irregular on Roshar.
Their profession is regarded with superstition by those who think they "seek to predict the future" which is against Vorin teachings. It also involves many arts which are commonly regarded as womanly arts in Vorinism like mathematics and writing. Stormwardens are turning glyphs into a full script.
According to Navani, stormwardens whisper that the highstorms are growing more powerful. However, she remains uncertain as to just what she thinks about stormwardens. She thinks they spend too much time talking about numerology and reading the winds. Further, she thinks that they call it a science in an attempt to dodge Vorin prohibitions of predicting the future. However, she does acknowledge that they have offered some useful wisdom on occasion.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Words of Radiance, 52. Into The Sky
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Way of Kings, 44. The Weeping
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 22. Eyes, Hands, or Spheres?
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 11. Droplets
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 61. Right for Wrong
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Words of Radiance, 35. The Multiplied Strain Of Simultaneous Infusion
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 18. Highprince of War
- ↑ Words of Radiance, 22. Lights In The Storm