|Family||Toh (brother), House Kholin|
The Way of Kings (mentioned), |
Words of Radiance (mentioned),
Evi Kholin was Dalinar's wife and is the mother of Adolin and Renarin. Dalinar married Evi because she and her brother, Toh, sought asylum from Rira within Alethkar, and that they sought to exchange a suit of Shardplate in order to do so.
References to Evi Kholin prior to those in Oathbringer mostly appear within The Way of Kings in Dalinar's visions. Dalinar is unable to recall the features of her face, and he remembers her as a blur.
The reason that Dalinar was unable to recall his wife's face or hear her name was because he'd made a deal with the Nightwatcher. The Nightwatcher grants a boon in exchange for a curse (via use of the Old Magic). It is unknown whether Dalinar's inability to remember his wife was the given curse or the boon.
When others spoke it, it slipped from his mind, like a pat of butter sliding off a too-hot knife.
Evi and her brother, Toh, pursued an alliance with the Alethi, offering a set of Shardplate in exchange for Alethi protection from their own people. It was Sadeas who suggested that Dalinar marry for the benefits of an alliance or Shards.. Dalinar agreed to marry Evi, knowing that Navani was now beyond his reach because she'd chosen to marry his brother. This resulted in the marriage between Dalinar and Evi and the acquisition of her Shardplate.
Evi died because she was burned alive at the hand of her husband in a city with which Alethkar had history. Unbeknownst to both Sadeas and Dalinar, she had come to the city to plead with the rebels therein.
Sadeas and Dalinar were publicly censured by the king for the loss of the city. Sadeas would later be responsible for spinning a story about what had happened.. There is some contradiction between this and what Adolin had heard: that Sadeas himself burned the city in retribution for the death of Evi.
- Dalinar Kholin - Former husband
- Adolin Kholin - Son
- Renarin Kholin- Son
- Gavilar Kholin - Brother-in-law (deceased)
- Navani Kholin - Sister-in-law
- Jasnah Kholin - Niece
- Elhokar Kholin - Nephew (deceased)
- Aesudan Kholin - Niece-in-law
- Gavinor Kholin - Grandnephew
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Oathbringer, 4. Oaths
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 64. A Man of Extremes
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Way of Kings, 15. The Decoy
- ↑ Oathbringer, 11. The Rift
- ↑ Oathbringer, 19. The Subtle Art Of Diplomacy
- ↑ Oathbringer, 76. An Animal
- ↑ Oathbringer, 88. Voices
- ↑ Oathbringer, 97. Riino
- ↑ Words of Radiance, 46. Patriots
- ↑ Oathbringer, 67. Mishim