This is a list of in-world books within the novel, The Way of Kings.
The book is a series of 40 parables that are metaphors of the author's life.
|“||I walked from Abamabar to Urithiru. - Epigraph ||”|
|“||A man's emotions are what define him, and control is the hallmark of true strength. To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.||”|
A one-page illustration lists the codes. This may be a book, or a page from within another book.
Among the DarkeyedEdit
A book of folktales, recorded by Calinam. 
|“||Man's life on Roshar is conflict.||”|
Book of Endless PagesEdit
"On Roshar, that is a book of knowledge that can never be completed because people should always be learning, studying, and adding what they’ve learned to it." - BS
This book is an historical book covering political theory. 
Published by Guvlow. Considered a reliable source.
|“||They changed, even as we fought them. Like shadows they were, that can transform as the flame dances. Never underestimate them because of what you first see.||”|
|“||Purports to be a scrap of “The Poem of the Seventh Morning,” which has been lost, collected from Talatin, a Radiant of the order of Stonewards.||”|
|“||Flame and char. Skin so terrible. Eyes like pits of blackness.||”|
King Gavilar Kholin: A BiographyEdit
Published by Navani.
The Last DesolationEdit
Published by Ambrian.
|“||Death upon the lips. Sound upon the air. Char upon the skin.||”|
Nearer the FlameEdit
A romance novel written from the viewpoint of a man descending into madness.
Palates of PersonalityEdit
A series of books, up to at least 14. In the Epigraph the fourteenth book of Seldis referenced to find the original text for a quote translated by Gashashson-Navammis. 
|“||They lived out in the wilds, always awaiting the Desolation ...||”|
Tales by HearthlightEdit
Collection of children's folktales by Innia. Contains references to Voidbringers and the Desolation.
Published by Terxim. Only one page of this survived the firing of the original Palanaeum.
|“||Though I was due for dinner in Veden City that night, I insisted upon visiting Kholinar to speak with Tivbet. The tariffs through Urithiru were growing quite unreasonable. By then, the so-called Radiants had already begun to show their true nature.||”|
Times and PassagesEdit
Published by Barlesha Lhan. A historical work that Jasnah refers to as "Barely worth the time spent scribing them. A popular survey of historical events at best."
Written by Myalmr
Logicmaster: Logic and its related Arts. Philosophy, Mathematics.
Other topics: History, Science, The Feminine Arts: Drawing and Painting, Folktales and children's books.
Table of Authors MentionedEdit
|Author||Books||Type||Author Category||Who has Read||References|
|Ambrian||The Last Desolation||Historical|||
|Calinam||Among the Darkeyed||Folktales|||
|Gabrathin||4 Volumes, Unknown Titles||Philosophical||Logicmaster|||
|Innia||Tales by Hearthlight|||
|Navani||King Gavilar Kholin: A Biography||Historical|||
|Niali the Just||Logicmaster|||
|Nohadon||The Way of Kings||Philosophical||Logicmaster||Gavilar, Dalinar,Jasnah, Shallan|||
|Rencalt||Times and Passages||Historical|||
|Tifandor||Biograpy of King Gavilar||Historical|||
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Way of Kings, 15. The Decoy
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Way of Kings, 58. The Journey
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 34. Stormwall
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 26. Stillness
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Way of Kings, 39. Burned into Her
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 The Way of Kings, 60. That Which We Cannot Have
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 24. The Gallery of Maps
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 48. Strawberry
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 9.5 The Way of Kings, 33. Cymatics
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 10.5 10.6 The Way of Kings, 8. Nearer the Flame
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 50. Backbreaker Powder
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 The Way of Kings, 45. Shadesmar
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 The Way of Kings, 40. Eyes of Red and Blue
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 38. Envisager
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 The Way of Kings, 29. Errorgance
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 43. The Wretch
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 The Way of Kings, 42. Beggars and Barmaids
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 18.3 18.4 18.5 18.6 18.7 The Way of Kings, 5. Heretic
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 35. A Light by Which to See
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 46. Child of Tanavast